"Microsoft Dynamics AX has given us the ability to plan both the process and discrete stages of manufacturing using the system. This has eliminated many of the miscues and surprises that occurred on a daily basis."
- CIO of an Ohio-based Process Manufacturer
- Process Manufacturers have unique needs and systems requirements. Some that we typically see are:
- Manage multiple packaging configurations of the same formula item, both from a sales and production perspective.
- Define multiple inventory dimensions: dual units of measure, catch-weight calculations, packaging codes, variations to the main item, and lots.
- Manage multilevel formulas or recipes, co-products and by-products, electronic signatures, and packaging options.
- Let customers request multiple quality specifications per product while combining similar products in production to improve machine utilization.
- Analyze and monitor production costs and requirements for each sales order component using graphical representations of multilevel formulas and recipes
- Reduce inventory costs and eliminate waste by pulling inventory in optimal sequence using best-before management and first expired/first out (FEFO) or first in/first out (FIFO) picking guidance.
- Facilitate regulatory compliance with agencies such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) by validating manufacturing processes.
The professionals at Agility Business Solutions have worked with a wide variety of Process Manufacturers. If you'd like to learn more about Agility Business Solutions products and services for your industry, contact us today.